DO IT TREE!

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

i made the baby cry

It was the saddest thing I've ever seen. He was in one of his baby chair dealies and I said something about something, in a high-pitched baby-friendly voice. And suddenly, his lower lip pulled down and started to quiver and he started to cry. And my heart broke into a million little pieces. It was horrible. I'm prepared for 16 years from now when he'll say he hates me and he wishes he was never born and all that. But when it's a 2-month old and it's spontaneous, genuine fear, it makes you wonder what kind of monster you are.

We bonded later by watching the Cavs get completely annihilated by the Celtics on their home floor. If baby's could f-bomb he would have been dropping them like the Allies over Dresden. Well, at least I was.

At any rate, my head is storing about 8 extra pounds of mucous. My sinuses are totally messed up. I think it's allergen/weather related. The weather has been fluctuating between sunny and 80 and freezing rain, usually on a day-by-day basis. I've had a beauty sinus headache all the live-long day.

More funnies later - promise!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

When Ian was about four months old I got dandruff shampoo in his eyes. He cried for 40 minutes. It broke my heart. Seriously, it was 5 1/2 years ago and I still know exactly how long he cried.

It is a terrible feeling.

(If it helps, he seems to have forgiven me.)

6:23 PM

 
Blogger Bronwyn said...

He'll forgive you. Babies memories are like goldfish.

5:19 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home