DO IT TREE!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

tea time?

Any Brits on the line? Or any kind of tea expert? Not sure what the chances of 8 to 10 random people being British and/or a tea expert. I am thinking somewhere between 0 and no fucking way. At any rate, I digress.

I am looking for an alternative to my drug of choice (Diet Dr. Pepper). Typically at work I need an AM (and possible PM) caffeine timeout. This is when caffeine and I get together and have a little pow-wow about the dangers of napping under your desk. (George had an office, don't forget.) Caffeine doesn't have a huge effect on me, but it's enough of a boost to avoid sleepy, toddler-style eye rubbing. And that is for the best.

I do not enjoy coffee, finding it only drinkable in a state where it is coffee in name only. So, that leaves me with tea. I do enjoy tea, but I sometimes find it a little on the harsh side. Like if I drink it on an empty stomach it makes me a little nauseous.

SOOOOoooo, what's the best mild ("sensitive") tea for a whiny little girl? I look forward to your non-responses.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Bronwyn said...

Dude, you lucked out. Queen of West Procrastination is a tea snob. Ky is as well.

I drink Coke.

12:45 PM

 
Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

Green or white tea, steeped carefully (they need a slightly lower temperature and a shorter brewing time than black tea). I was trying to figure out what brands you guys have there, and I can see that Lipton is sold in the US. Lipton has a bit more caffeine than the higher quality greens and whites, but it still has relatively low caffeine.

Yes, I am a tea granny.

12:47 PM

 
Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

Ha. I hadn't read May-B's comment.

12:47 PM

 
Blogger roger said...

This is awesome! My blog is finally being used for the forces of good!

I was just at the grocery store and they had a buttload of tea. Lipton, Bigelow, Celestial Mornings, Grannypak (ok, made that one up), Twinnings . . . maybe, might be misremembering that one. That's just what I remember off the top of my head. I got a Bigelow sampler: Lemon Lift, Green, Constant Comment, Earl Grey, Plantation Mint (combines slavery with a minty goodness!) and English Teatime.

Thanks! (by the way, is there a diet dr pepper tea of any kind?)

1:02 PM

 
Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

I wish there was a Dr. Pepper tea. I'd go crazy on that stuff.

By the way, if you ever run across the fruit-flavoured Tetley green teas in the little round tins, give those a try. I'm crazy about them. (I just had to check if they were even sold in the United States, and it looks like they are!)

12:22 PM

 
Blogger Shiny said...

Randomly stumbled across your blog via via various. Can't help but comment (unlike me really, to stick my nose in places, utterly randomly). While possibly not acceptable in the workplace, tequila does give a boost in energy (just one shot, mind. More than that could result in unsuitable behaviour for the office). And it also begins with a "T"...

3:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home