DO IT TREE!

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Delurk skulkers

Sarah tells me (well, not directly, but via the magic of blogs - oh, Sarah, RS2 is a lurker! Root her out!) that is it "De-lurking" week or "De-lurk" week or "Durk" week, whatever. The theory is that everyone who reads my blog (currently 16 of you all day, every day according to sitemeter) and doesn't comment regularly (or at all) is supposed to give a shout out and reveal yourself to the tens of people around here. Not only do you get the innate satisfaction of durking, but you also have the chance that'll I'll like you and I'll buy you a dummy.

Now, this is a week-long event and truth-be-told, I don't have that kind of stamina (or readership). Let's make this a durk day and be done with it ahead of time. That's like 7 times the productivity of every other blog out there.

So, fire up your keyboards and let me know what's what and who's who. And hey, free dummy.

It took me 3 hours to work that free dummy joke in there. I hope you appreciate it.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is I.

Is that a valid sentence? Sentance? Aw, fuck it.

2:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can call me 1 of 16.

2:12 PM

 
Blogger roger said...

Sares - Valid check plus. It is actually the proper, yet awkward to modern ears, construction. It's one I notice, but don't point out. Woe is I. And, you do not lurk; you comment and stuff - gold star.

HDD - The idea here is for something like, "Hi Roger. Your blog is super-awesome. My name is Bill Gates, you might remember from such operating systems as MS-DOS and Windows for Workgroups. Here is a million dollars for being so cool." And then he never has to comment again. Just a little somethin'-somethin' like that.

5:25 PM

 
Blogger Bronwyn said...

I've never lurked and I didn't get a free dummy. What's up with that??

7:57 PM

 
Blogger Jen said...

Jen here.

I am officially delurked.

8:22 PM

 
Blogger justanothergirl said...

i love free dummies. they're my favourite thing - well, third favourite, next to free post-its and free speech.

and may-b: your free dummies came in the form of the three siblings your parents had after you. (zing!)

8:53 PM

 
Blogger Queen of West Procrastination said...

Am I a lurker?

9:05 PM

 
Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

What kind of dummy are you going to buy me? Because I have a LOT of dummies at work. Not sure I need one more. How about you like me & I GIVE YOU one of my dummies? I'll even let you take your pick. In fact, you can have 2 or 3 if you like. Sounds like a more profitable arrangement for me.

9:12 PM

 
Blogger djn said...

Donna here. I don't lurk, right? Cuz I comment?

12:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

R-is it proper to rat out your favorite s for blogging material?

10:08 PM

 
Blogger roger said...

May-B: The one I sent you was a big dummy. He may not have found his way yet.

Jen: Yay!

JAG: They are very nice. And they'll do pretty much anything you tell them.

QoWP: No! You're on the up-and-up.

NYM: You are in the business of dummies, that is true. Maybe I can outsource my dummy deliver operation to you.

djn: Right - you're not a lurker. Good stuff.

Anony: Sure, why not? Spread the love.

12:21 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home