DO IT TREE!

Sunday, April 02, 2006

st. patrick's day

Drinking all day is hard work. A couple of weeks ago, on St. Patrick's Day, I took on the challenge. As I remember from my extensive Catholic education, St. Patrick was incredibly drunk most of the time. It is in honor of this that on St. Pat's day, Catholics and non, get together to honor him by imbibing excessively. The good Patrick wouldn't have it any other way.

I started my day early. A bunch of us went to Pickwick and Frolic to get in on the all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet. From there to the House of Blues for some music and beers. We stayed there for an hour or so and then traveled on to Flannery's.

While I was at Flannery's, who did my eye spy? It was none other than Luke Jackson of the Cleveland Cavaliers. Now while Luke was (and is) injured with a broken wrist, I did find it somewhat odd that he was out-and-about on St. Patrick's Day. Perhaps compounding the problem was the fact that the Cavs had a game that night. And Luke is not inconspicuous. He's a tall lanky white kid with crazy hair. He kind of stuck out, despite the fact he was sporting dark sunglasses. He ordered a beer and I was kind of worried that he'd get drunk and wouldn't be able to cheer on his teammates later that day. But, after a quick drink, Luke left the bar, perhaps in search of rainbows.

I ended my night at about 9 p.m. due to the stresses of a splitting headache. I sometimes forget I have to remain hydrated during all-day drinking binges. Normally I drink a lot of water. But on that day, I switched all my liquid comsuption from the normal liquids to beer. As we know, man can not live on beer alone.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joe said...

Perhaps young Luke had run out of painkillers and, being the resourceful lad that he is, used beer as a substitute.

Look at it this way, at least it wasn't Casey Blake.

8:01 AM

 
Blogger Alan said...

Although it was disappointing to see you crap out early this year, I know you'll be prepared for '07.

3:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home