DO IT TREE!

Monday, October 31, 2005

a tale of fright!

Let me tell you a ghoulish tale you can relate around the campfire (cool Halloween parties have them) and you’ll be sure to frighten even the hardiest of souls. Last Friday I came into work and began diligently typing away at whatever I happened to be working on. La di dah. It was about 8:30 when a co-worker of mine, Freddie, came over to my cube and said, “Roger. Did you know you’re not here today?” What does that mean? Why would I not be here today? After all, here I am. My mind began to race.

Then it struck me. I started grow dizzy and disoriented. I was quickly spiraling into my own version of hell. What had I done? Well, I had taken the day off and FORGOTTEN ABOUT IT!!!!! I came into work when I had already received approval not to be there. (I will wait for your screaming to subside.)

Upon realization of my horrible mistake, I began dry-heaving and hyperventilating. It wasn’t pretty. How could I forget an off day? It was disturbingly easy. I had taken a bunch of random days in order to use my remaining vacation. This particular day I had made no special plans. Somehow, it slipped my mind.

I’ve been battling the deep depression caused by the event ever since. My next vacation time I’m leaving work early to wait for the directv guy. If I forget again on that day, it’s time to put me out to pasture. I thank whichever kind soul amongst you that puts me out of my misery. A world of forgetting vacation days is not a world I want to endure.

4 Comments:

Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

You Midwesterners are so damned hard working.

Erm...You said "la di dah."

1:42 AM

 
Blogger Sarah, Goon Squad Sarah said...

Forgetting a vacation day?

Who are you?

7:57 AM

 
Blogger Joe said...

I'm so disappointed in you, Roger. I need to take a walk to collect myself.

9:21 AM

 
Blogger roger said...

I would reply, but it's just too depressing.

10:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home