DO IT TREE!

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

addendum

I like the concept of hyperlinking punchlines. For instance, in my last post I made reference to D.A.R.Y.L. If you know D.A.R.Y.L., the joke stands on its own (giggle worthy); if you do not know about 80's robotic children such as D.A.R.Y.L. or Vicki then you can click the link and be amused, at least belatedly. It also saves me from saying, "You know, D.A.R.Y.L.? Data Analyzing Robotic Youth Lifeform? Well, it was this movie in the 80s and D.A.R.Y.L. is found by a regular human family and they love him and he's - or should I say it's - also really good at Pole Position." You see how tedious this becomes.

If only comedians could do this, I bet people would think Dennis Miller was way funnier.

4 Comments:

Blogger Risu said...

I suck at hyperlinking. Well, I've never actually tried to do it. But, I probably would suck.

4:15 PM

 
Blogger NewYorkMoments said...

This is my brother Daryl, and my other brother Daryl...

4:47 PM

 
Blogger roger said...

braleigh: Hyperlinking is fun!!

NYM: Ok, you've exhausted your once-per-life Newhart reference.

7:01 AM

 
Blogger roger said...

Thanks. Will you really be back? Even if I probably won't be getting married in Northampton?

3:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home