DO IT TREE!

Monday, January 31, 2005

C'mon guys. You're better than that.

Not-trying-too-hard Spam scammers emailing from washington@yahoo.com, sent the following:


Under what circumstances does this work?

Guy: Hell, I do my checking through "the bank". Maybe I should click through and provide account info - get this problem straightened out.

I contend that if you're able to operate an email account well enough to receive and read this message then you are inherently unable to fall for this scam. Surely if you fell for it, what is the probability that you also had been able to open an account at "the Bank" for which they could steal your information?

Admittedly, it's gotta be hard to make a grift work via mass emailing, but this barely passes the "sentient man standard" (vague background on strained reference here). I don't know. Maybe they could steal a real bank's email list and go from there. Let's take a little pride in our work boys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home