DO IT TREE!

Thursday, June 09, 2005

oh my golly

I never realized it until last night, but I speak Spanish. Si. Although my Spanish skills are limited to the Spanish found in Pixies's lyrics. You'd be surprised to find that this particular skill is almost never applicable in life.

This occurred to me last night. Last night was glorious. As part of CMJ's Music Fest the Pixies played TWO shows at different (albeit nearby) locations. One at the Rock Hall and shortly after, the second show at Scene Pavilion. At this point I can say, with all sincerity, "Been there; done that; got the t-shirt (and the live CD)."

After I got home I called theMonica. There was a time, dear friends, that my sortof-drunkdialing was met with a shy smile, giggling and assurances that my calling so late was "not a problem". Last night, I got, "I'm sleeping." It was stupid of me, but I was on such an emotional high I wanted to chat with my girl. In an effort to recover, I said, "I just called to say I love you." There's nothing like a little unintentional Stevie Wonder to soothe the awakened girlfriend. Works every time.

It's not all sunshine and lollipops however. Today I'm paying the price for yesterday's musical gluttony. The ringing in my ears is not at the same frequency as my alarm clock so I was out of bed after less than 5 hours sleep. I can't hear; I have no voice to speak of (hurts so good to write such stupid things) and my foot is killing me. I was hurting before the show and jumping around on it all night seems to have had no curative effects.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know I'm dying of envy, right?

1:01 PM

 
Blogger roger said...

I gotta admit it was sweet. And tonight is Spoon. Woot!

2:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home